Christ Church Primary Academy aims to serve its community by providing education of the highest quality. Christian values are at the heart of all we do.
We seek to help each child reach high levels of attainment and achievement and have the highest life chances, respecting difference and offering equality of opportunity free from discrimination on grounds of race, sex, class or disability.
We believe in living Christian values; loving and respecting each other. In this atmosphere children learn by example and grow morally, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
We believe that for children to reach their full potential they need to be good learners who are:
- Positive: happy, celebrating the good things, believing in themselves when it’s tough, encouraging others
- Motivated: wanting to learn, wanting to do well
- Confident: believing that they can succeed, not arrogant or timid
- Curious: interested, inquisitive, eager to find out
- Independent: able to make decisions, can do things on their own
- Risk-takers: not afraid to have a go, testing pushing themselves to the limit
- Problem Solvers: knowing what the goal is and finding ways to reach it
- Creative: imaginative, thinking outside the box, trying things out
- Reflective: thinking about what they’ve done, asking, ‘why?’ evaluating
- Honest: doing the right things, admitting mistakes, accepts the truth
- Resilient: sticking at things, learning from mistakes, trying again
- Kind and Caring: aware of others’ needs, gentle, thoughtful, polite
Within the happy, safe and secure environment, Christ Church Academy provides a place where each child is nurtured in these qualities.
The school has strong links with Christchurch Local Ecumenical Partnership; a team of parishioners from local churches deliver our very popular Open The Book assemblies to bring bible stories to life.
If you would like a paper copy of our Mission Statement please contact the school office on 01274 410349.