Christ Church Academy – Our School
Welcome to Christ Church Academy. We are a small school where children, parents and staff work together as a team. As a Church School, Christian values are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud of all our fantastic pupils.
We have a culture in which we are constantly striving to achieve the highest standards. Our vision is for all children to love learning, to achieve academically and socially and to aquire the behaviours and characteristics that will allow them to be successful lifelong learners.
Our curriculum is designed to ensure that all children have strong basic skills. We use real life experiences as starting points for learning in order to ensure that pupils engage emotionally as well as intellectually with what we are asking them to learn.
As a school community we all follow the Christ Church way:
- We care for each other and treat everybody with respect and consideration.
- We always do our best and strive to be better.
- We look after our school and make it a wonderful place.
- We listen carefully and follow instructions.
We hope that you will find our website useful. If you would like to find out more please do not hesitate to contact us. We encourage visits from prospective parents and guarantee a warm welcome.
Philippa Foster – Headteacher, Christ Church Academy
“The spiritual, moral, social and cultural
development of pupils is very strong indeed.
Pupils fully understand and strive to live out
the values the school upholds. ”
(Ofsted, October 2016).
Christ Church Academy – Our Mission
Christ Church Primary Academy aims to serve its community by providing education of the highest quality. Christian values are at the heart of all we do.
We seek to help each child reach high levels of attainment and achievement and have the highest life chances, respecting difference and offering equality of opportunity free from discrimination on grounds of race, sex, class or disability.
We believe in living Christian values; loving and respecting each other. In this atmosphere children learn by example and grow morally, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
We believe that for children to reach their full potential they need to be good learners who are:
- Positive: happy, celebrating the good things, believing in themselves when it’s tough, encouraging others
- Motivated: wanting to learn, wanting to do well
- Confident: believing that they can succeed, not arrogant or timid
- Curious: interested, inquisitive, eager to find out
- Independent: able to make decisions, can do things on their own
- Risk-takers: not afraid to have a go, testing pushing themselves to the limit
- Problem Solvers: knowing what the goal is and finding ways to reach it
- Creative: imaginative, thinking outside the box, trying things out
- Reflective: thinking about what they’ve done, asking, ‘why?’ evaluating
- Honest: doing the right things, admitting mistakes, accepts the truth
- Resilient: sticking at things, learning from mistakes, trying again
- Kind and Caring: aware of others’ needs, gentle, thoughtful, polite
Within the happy, safe and secure environment, Christ Church Academy provides a place where each child is nurtured in these qualities.
The school has strong links with Christchurch Local Ecumenical Partnership; the Priest in Charge is Vice Chair of Governors at the school and along with a local Children’s Worker regularly leads school assemblies.